About 270,000 Jobs Available Now for teacher assistants – you could work at a school near where you live – and be paid more than R4000 per month as a salary! Read our article to see how to apply for the teacher’s Assistant vacancies.
This Assistant Teacher offer is for South Africans ready to take on the responsibilities that will be conferred on them as the Assistant Teacher Apprentice Teacher (Boksburg).
If you want to be part of this enabling experience, you can read on to learn the requirements for this program.
Assistant Teacher Apprentice Teacher (Boksburg)
The 2024 Hiring Season is in full swing! We are currently in search of rockstar teammates who will meaningfully empower Future Innovators and Leaders to start in the year 2024! #AlwaysGrowing!
Nova Pioneer is looking for a superstar Foundation Phase Apprentice Teacher to teach Primary School at our Boksburg Primary Campus in 2024! This is an exciting opportunity for aspiring teacher who is currently or going in the 3rd or 4th year of their BEd qualification or completing their PGCE in 2024 to join a team deeply committed to the development of our people and our children. You will partner with your Resident Teacher to empower students using an enquiry-based learning approach and be a part of an innovative network of schools that is developing generations of innovators and leaders who will shape the African Century.
About Nova Pioneer
Imagine a world in which every young person across Africa attends a school that truly sets them up for success in the 21st century. A school that cares about individual students and allows them to explore the world around them. A school that focuses more on developing skills than on memorising content. At Nova Pioneer, we have done more than just imagine this future━we are bringing it to life. Nova Pioneer is a pan-African, independent network of schools offering high-quality, accessible education from pre-primary through secondary school. Nova Pioneer uses a unique, enquiry-based learning approach that encourages students to ask “why” instead of telling them the “what”. It allows them to form their own thinking through exploration, investigation, and collaboration. Nova Pioneer currently has 16 schools in South Africa and Kenya with a vision to launch 100 schools and reach tens of thousands of students across the African continent in the next decade. To learn more visit www.novapioneer.com.
About the Role
Nova Pioneer is looking for Foundation Phase Apprentice Teacher. Apprentice teachers support instruction and classroom management and are responsible for helping to drive a rigorous, enquiry-based learning environment the Nova Pioneer way. Apprentice teachers are supported by Resident teachers who partner with them in their growth journey – observing lessons, and providing feedback and coaching.
Key responsibilities for the role include:
- Help and support Resident teachers to deliver impactful and engaging enquiry-based lessons supported by technology to enhance instructional delivery
- Infuse joy and passion for learning into lessons so that students are excited about and invested in their academic excellence
- Help to set and communicate rigorous and ambitious goals for all students and provide student feedback so they internalize it
- Work collaboratively with the resident teacher to conduct ongoing assessment of student progress. Use assessment data to adjust instructional content and delivery techniques accordingly
- Attend weekly feedback meetings with resident teachers and Deans to enhance teaching practices
- Fully participate in opportunities for professional growth including daily team meetings and reflections, weekly professional development meetings, instructional coaching, and organisation wide learning and reflection
- Communicate regularly with parents through e-mail, telephone and parent-teacher conferences
- Contribute to and participate in co-curricular programming for at least one activity in the course of a term
- Participate in a variety of collaborative teams and committees, fulfil supervision duties as assigned including some morning, evening and weekend events
Skills and Qualifications required:
- You are pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Education and entering your third or fourth year of study OR a Bachelor’s Degree + Post Graduate Certificate in Education (PGCE)
- You will not be a qualified teacher at the start of 2024
- You are specialising in Foundation and/ or Intermediate phase NOT Senior phase.
- You are provisionally SACE registered
- You have English and Mathematics teaching experience or curriculum knowledge – experience in Singapore Maths and THRASS (English) is not compulsory but ideal
- Experience and/or understanding of Cambridge curriculum objectives would be an advantage
Qualities of a successful candidate:
- You love teaching and care deeply about the success of each and every student
- You have a deep understanding of children and you know how to connect with the specific age group that you teach
- You are deeply committed to your development as a teacher and welcome constructive feedback, translating feedback into improvements and innovations in your approach and in your classroom
- You are able to work within a team-based environment and collaborate with other resident teachers, apprentice teachers and deans
- You communicate openly and effectively with your colleagues
- You are adept at using technology for instruction
- Valid Police Clearance (no older than 6 months)
- ID Copy / Passport
- Work Permit (if applicable)
- SACE certificate
How to Apply:
Does working at Nova Pioneer excite you? If so, then apply now!
To apply, please complete the form on the right-hand side of this page. We cannot process applications that are emailed to us.
Please note: Where a copy of your resume is required, copying and pasting from a formatted document e.g. Microsoft Word may not result in the formatting transferring correctly to the final resume. You are encouraged to attach your resume in Microsoft Word® or PDF format to protect formatting.
Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the right candidate is identified. Only qualified candidates will be invited for interviews.
About Teaching at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer teachers don’t lecture, they lead discussions and facilitate projects that help students engage deeply and think critically about course material. There are two types of teachers at Nova Pioneer: Resident Teachers and Apprentice Teachers.
Apprentice teachers are high-potential individuals with an eagerness to learn and grow into a resident teacher. Apprentices are paired with a resident teacher who provides them with mentorship and coaching, observes lessons and provides regular feedback so that they are soon able to own their own classrooms. Apprentice teachers may support more than one resident teacher across multiple classrooms. Apprentice teachers have typically completed a bachelor’s degree and are pursuing a teaching qualification. Apprentices have the exciting opportunity to work at Nova Pioneer while still pursuing their studies – this gives them the opportunity to get real experience and earn money at the same time! If such apprentices do well in their time at Nova Pioneer they could be offered a job as a Resident teacher once they have qualified.
Centralized lesson planning supports teachers to enable them to deliver rigorous enquiry-based learning and to engage deeply with students to help the on their individual learning journeys.
Nova Pioneer also welcomes professionals who are looking to make a career change into education and are passionate about pursuing a new career in teaching.
Working at Nova Pioneer
Nova Pioneer is committed to the achievement and maintenance of diversity and equity in employment. Nova Pioneer is a place where our people experience tremendous growth, fast! We invest heavily in the growth of our people because it leads to greater mastery in both us and our students. “Novaneers” work harder and work longer hours than most schools but as a result, the growth they experience is extraordinary. We offer consistent and ongoing personal development and provide clear career pathways that ensure that our people are always achieving their personal and professional best. Nova Pioneer has a highly energetic, entrepreneurial environment where our people get to bring their creative and innovative ideas to life. We look for people who are flexible and who are able to adapt and respond quickly to adversity with a positive, can-do attitude (there are no problems, only solutions!). We welcome challenges and roll with the punches because it makes us, and our students, better. There is no problem too big for us! We work hard but we also have a lot of fun together. We bring infectious energy and enthusiasm to everything we do because joy fuels the hardest work and learning. Read more about our cultural principles here.
- Nova Pioneer may appoint and/or expire the posting of this advertisement at their own discretion.
- If you have not been contacted within 30 days of the closing date of this advertisement please consider your application as unsuccessful.
Nova Pioneer, in line with the POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measurements will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used for recruitment and employment purposes. By submitting your application with Nova Pioneer, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
Nova Pioneer will never request an application fee from candidates. If you are contacted with a request to pay a fee from someone claiming to be a Nova Pioneer Talent or Recruitment representative, please do not pay them and report it to us immediately at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
However, if you have queries regarding the Assistant Teacher Apprentice Teacher (Boksburg), Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.