About 270,000 Jobs Available Now for teacher assistants – you could work at a school near where you live – and be paid more than R4000 per month as a salary! Read our article to see how to apply for the teacher’s Assistant vacancies.
This Assistant Teacher offer is for South Africans ready to take on the responsibilities that will be conferred on them as the Assistant Teacher English Teacher (ESL – Adult Learners) Cape Town Western Cape.
If you want to be part of this enabling experience, you can read on to learn the requirements for this program.
Assistant Teacher English Teacher (ESL – Adult Learners) Cape Town Western Cape
Are you looking for the right partner to start or continue your ESL teaching career? Welcome to EF International Language Campus Cape Town! We provide language classes, accommodation, and activities to students from all over the world. We love what we do, and we are looking for people who love what they do too – as this makes a difference to the student experience and our vibrant school community! If you are new to EF, you will typically start as an hourly paid teacher.
Our Academic team will support you and provide feedback and training to make sure you will quickly feel at ease in your new work environment and with the EF teaching methodology. Post-probation and with more work experience, there are a wide range of professional development options and career pathways at EF that may arise – on a local or even potentially an international level – not limited to teaching.
The perfect teacher profile is someone who is flexible, committed, innovative and comfortable working in a high-pressured and ever-changing ESL environment.ESL teacher: What we offer
- Hourly rate according to experience & qualifications
- Part-time or full-time options: 10-25 teaching hours per week (Mon-Fri)
- Quarterly individual bonus based on student course extensions
- 24/7 access to Microsoft Office applications & a wide range of resources from EF campuses worldwide, as well as other academic subscriptions
- Professional development and career options at EF Cape Town:
- Support, training and feedback by local management team
- Annual performance & salary review
- Possibility to apply for one of our permanent salaried positions, incl. benefits
- Continuous professional development options (internal & external)
A Friendly & International Work Environment
- Centrally located school building in popular Kloof Street with views of Table Mountain
- Well-equipped classrooms, staff kitchen & in-house cafeteria
- The EF Cape Town vibe: Feel free to join our team & school events
- Free coffee/ tea and staff discounts at our cafeteria
- A truly international & diverse workplace – students from more than 40 countries
- Free lunches, braais and drinks on a quarterly basis
- Teacher of the Month awards
- Birthday lunch/brunch
ESL teacher: Role & responsibilities
- Teach scheduled contact hours as requested by the academic office
- Provide high-quality classes using our Efekta blended learning programme
- Prepare materials and resources relevant & to your classes, including a comprehensive syllabus for special interest classes, handouts, quizzes, tests and assignments as needed for each course
- Complete all required administration to a high standard and in a timely manner
- Help students with queries they may have and communicate this to the appropriate department
- Actively participate in teacher meetings and all staff development activities
- Actively participate in any required observations and feedback sessions, training, development meetings and informational meetings
- Develop and use supplementary material within EF guidelines to support learning needs and objectives
- Liaise, support and collaborate with all staff tasked with providing study feedback and support to students
- Attend and assist with special student events
ESL teacher: Key competencies
- Customer orientation
- Effective communication
- Building relations
- Creativity & Flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Fostering teamwork
- Cultural diversity competencies
ESL teacher: Requirements
- South African ID holder or permanent resident
- Matric certificate/ Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma
- 120-hour TEFL Certificate with 1-3 years of teaching adults experience; CELTA/CertTESOL (preferred)
About EF Education FirstAt EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience, and everything else that makes you unique.
Company size10,001+ employees
Specialtieseducation, travel, international education, online education, university placement, tours, educational travel, language, cultural immersion, English language learning, study abroad, group travel, cultural exchange, tech, edtech, design, research, and experiential learning
However, if you have queries regarding the Assistant Teacher English Teacher (ESL – Adult Learners) Cape Town Western Cape, Please kindly DROP A COMMENT below and we will respond to it as soon as possible.