How Do New SRD Grant Appeals Work?
The South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) introduced a new appeals system for the Covid-19 Social Relief of Distress (SRD) grant. The system applies to those who were declined from April 2022 onwards.
Applications for the SRD grant may be declined for several reasons. Here are a few reasons for a rejected application:
- If SASSA finds that the applicant has been employed and it is indicated that they have made income tax contributions.
- If the personal details provided do not match the ones from the Department of Home Affairs.
- If it is found that the applicant is a current recipient of a Social grant other than a child grant.
- If the applicant is registered with and benefits from the National Student Fund Aid Scheme.
- If the applicant qualifies for UIF benefits based on TERS or Contributions to UIF or is currently receiving the Unemployment Insurance Fund benefit.
- The applicant is employed in a government institution.
- If the applicant does not meet the age requirements or is above the age of 60.
- If the beneficiary has been registered as deceased on the Department of Home Affairs database.
Declined applicants may visit the SRD website to lodge an appeal. They may gain access to the website using their cellphone number and valid ID number. Applicants are reminded that they will need data and an internet connection to access the website.
No appeals will be accepted via WhatsApp, phone calls or any other means of communication. Applicants will need to submit an appeal within 30 days, but not exceeding 90 days.
The Independent Tribunal for Social Assistance Appeals will review the appeal and the decision made by Sassa. Applicants should receive an electronic response containing the outcome of their appeal within 60 to 90 days from the date the appeal was lodged.
How to lodge an appeal for the SRD grant:
- Check that the information you submitted to Sassa, which is reflected on the SRD Appeal platform is correct and complete.
- Update your contact information, where necessary by visiting this website: https://srd.dsd.gov.za/sc19/contact.
- Click “Save” and then you will automatically be redirected back to the SRD Appeal website to continue to lodge an appeal.
- Read and accept the clauses in the Declaration and Consent Documents.
- Submit your appeal and look out for the confirmation message on the screen that your application was submitted successfully.
Applicants are reminded that an appeal needs to be lodged for every month where they were declined by Sassa. Failure to lodge an appeal for each month that the application was declined will indicate that the applicant agrees with the decision made by Sassa.
notice: We can give you a legit guarantee that the information published above is fully correct.
For More Inquiries, please, drop a comment below We will respond to you soon!!!
Be nice by sharing this post with others!!!