Médecins Sans Frontierès Job Vacancy for Intersectional Procurement Manager:
The Médecins Sans Frontierès Jobs Vacancy application form, for available positions, qualifications needed, and how to apply and other important vacancies are found and published here on Zaeduportal.com
Médecins Sans Frontierès Job Vacancy And How to Apply
Objectives of the position
The intersectional procurement manager defines and implements the procurement strategy to answer the needs of all OCs present in the country. The objectives of this position are to obtain cost savings, reduce lead times, increase availability and transparency in compliance with MSF protocols, standards and procedures.
Tasks And Responsiblities
- Based on the information (historical spend, budget and forecast) provided by procurement focal points of the OCs (Logistic, Supply Coordinators, SCTL and/or procurement MGR), build a mapping of spend to identify procurement priorities (key supplier& categories).
- In collaboration with procurement focal points of the OCs, define the intersectional procurement strategy including categories to be handled at an intersectional level and its implementation roadmap.
- Ensure a smooth collaboration with the OCs procurement focal points for all procurement-related topics:
- Ensure alignment of the OCs on the procurement strategy and objectives
- Facilitate regular intersectional procurement meetings
- Involve OCs procurement focal point in the procurement processes led at intersectional level
- Timely communication on issues, opportunities or any important update related to intersectional procurement activity
- For each category managed at the intersectional level and according to the priorities defined in the strategy:
- Gather the need from the OCs and support OCs in aligning information required to perform supplier selection process (codes, designation, specifications)
- Lead the sourcing and supplier selection process involving the OCs procurement focal points in each important decision and the technical referent as required by the LOG/MED quality policies.
- Set up the required contracts or agreements and ensure relevant endorsement of them
- Monitor the intersectional procurement activity (contracts, savings, lead time, supplier performance).
- Manage supplier relationships to ensure the quality of products and services provided.
- Ensure the proper involvement of the key stakeholders (including technical referents for validation of sources) in order to have a successful implementation of the procurement strategy.
- Conduct market assessments and benchmark analysis (including local, regional, and international sourcing options) in order to collect all required information to feed the procurement strategy.
- Ensure technical support for his area of activity and provide coaching to the staff of the OCs in order to contribute to the development of procurement best practices and capacity.
Out of Scope:
- Order placed to Supply Centers
- Technical validation of the sources for the Log and med items that required such validation.
- The transactional activities (order placement, good receipt, invoicing) stay in the scope of each OCs
- Education: Master’s degree in business administration or supply chain management
- Professional experience: At least 3 years of experience in procurement including data analysis, sourcing, complex negotiation and contracting or a position in a different domain entailing the same components; a good knowledge base in supply chain processes and financial budgeting are required;
- Field missions in procurement /supply chain function with MSF or other NGOs is a plus
- Computer literacy: proven ability to work with Office and ERP, in particular, a good command of Excel is a must
- Experience in project management is an added value
- Language: fluent in English is required; French is an asset
- The ability to work transversally, in a multi-cultural environment and in remote mode is required
- Analytical mindset, organizational skills and autonomy are a must
- Result-orientation and customer service orientation are necessary
- Proven diplomacy, ability to develop a professional network and listening skills are required
- Commitment to MSF values is compulsory.
Duty stations: Abuja, Nigeria – Juba, South Sudan – Kinshasa, DRC.
Reporting to: Field Strategic Procurement Project Manager
Duration of the mission: 12 months
Deadline to apply: the position will remain open until the identification of candidates.
Starting date: Abuja, Nigeria – February 2022
Juba, South Sudan – April 2022
Kinshasa, DRC – June 2022
For More Inquiries about the Médecins Sans Frontierès, please, drop a comment below We will respond to you soon!!!
Be nice by sharing this post with others!!!